What is SILVERbac®
- Silverbac® is Antimicrobial
- SILVERbac® is a patented Antimicrobial Technology
- SILVERbac® is a United States EPA registered additive
- SILVERbac’s® antimicrobial efficacy was tested and approved by international independent IAC® approved labarotories
- SILVERbac® is an inherent, continuous and permanent solution that will last for the life of the product
What does SILVERbac® do
- SILVERbac® reduces odor causing bacteria
- SILVERbac® kills bacteria, viruses and other harmful microbes as proven by tests done by independent certified labs
- SILVERbac® powered products inhibit the growth of microbes—even drug-resistant bacteria and viruses on the surface of textile fabrics.
- SILVERbac® is effective against human Coronavirus
Where can SILVERbac® be used
- SILVERbac® can be used in bedding, towels, footwear, athletic clothing, sportswear, tailored clothing, denim, pet beds and other products.
- SILVERbac® is ideal for use in all healthcare textile products including uniforms and masks
- The use of SILVERbac® will not effect the aesthetics, color, color fastness, durability, softness or any other features of the products it is used in Products that use SILVERbac® can be used longer before needing laundering which saves water and energy. Fewer launderings also reduces the amount of detergent and fiber released into the environment that can be harmful to marine life and drinking water
- SILVERbac® is inherent and cannot be removed by laundering
- SILVERbac® continues to be effective for the life of the product
- Our SILVERbac® additive does not contain any Nano particles
- Less bacteria on SILVERbac® products means less laundering, saving you time and saving both water and energy
- SILVERbac® has been tested and will not leach into the environment
To make claims about the efficacy of SILVERbac® in the UK and the EU, and to satisfy most of the UK and EU regulatory agencies, we need to ensure that we follow several rules and protocols shown below:
- We must use Article 95 silver for all products imported into the EU and the UK
- We need to track each Masterbatch made with Article 95 silver all the way through the entire supply chain up to the point that a consumer purchases a product.
- All finished products (Treated Articles) must be made outside both the UK and the EU and then imported back into the UK and the EU
- Any payments we receive for Masterbatch or any Royalties we receive must come from outside the UK and the EU
- If rules 1-4 are not followed, we will have to register SILVERbac as a biocide and will have to register throughout the EU and in the UK
- Any claim that we make MUST be backed up by outside lab tests that prove that the claim is valid.
- We cannot make any claims about the effects SILVERbac® has on the products as those are reserved for PT2 registered and approved substances..
If we follow those rules, we are able to make a host of claims about the efficacy of SILVERbac.
These claims can be used for marketing by ourselves and also by the sellers of products made using SILVERbac. We will need to approve our customers marketing language, their claims and all of their labeling and packaging. We can modify and/or adjust the language in these claims if we choose to.
SILVERBAC® – DISCLAIMERS
As of August 3, 2022
SILVERbac® products do not protect users or others against bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease organisms.
SILVERbac’s® efficacy will also depend on the application procedures followed by each finished product manufacturer
SILVERbac® products are sold globally. The data provided on our website is only a source of general information. Due to regulatory differences, not all of the information provided on our pages is valid in all countries or regions. In some cases, legal regulations may restrict or prohibit the selection of available SILVERbac® products, the field of application for which they are approved and/or the permissible requirements for finished goods containing SILVERbac®.
If you are uncertain about the restrictions and requirements regarding antimicrobial treated articles in the countries where you do business, please contact Novel Tecnnologies Ltd.for assistance. SILVERbac® products may only be marketed, sold and used in conformity with official regulations, including restrictions and advertising claims, pertaining to the specific country/region where the SILVERbac® product is being marketed, sold and used.